Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Out Of The Ashes Comes... (Theme)

Rach014

Rachel theme tree010
Rachel theme news011
Rachel field
Rachel theme house012
Rachel leavess

This project required three prints... so the first three posted were "the originals". The last two were extra pics I liked from the roll. Unfortunately, I managed to get a sun spot on the picture of the leaves ( :( ) and caught the reflection of the stadium lights in the dark pic ( :( ). Also... though it hurts me to admit it, if you look closely on a couple of the pictures, they're a bit blurry because I often had to use a low shutter speed and couldn't keep steady :p It's random but... I think if you look at the pic of the houses being built for a while, it almost looks like they could be toys. :)

But... there's a funny story that goes along with the pic with the stadium lights in it. While I was turning into the school's parking lot one night - I'd gone to take pictures of a girl's basketball game - I noticed that the stadium lights were on. Curious, I parked and went straight for the field. To my surprise, I discovered a soccer team (not our school's) practicing there. After sitting off to the side for a couple of minutes, hoping a good picture might come up, I gave up and went off to the basketball game. However, I couldn't get the team out of my head as I sat in the gym, so I ended up returning to the field soon after. Though I felt a bit awkward watching the players (I don't doubt the possibility that I made some of them feel uneasy), it was amusing listening to their English coach yelling and reprimanding them. Eventually, the coach blew his whistle and the boys stopped playing. He called them to the edge of the field and started them on stretches. By this time, I'd stalked off to a nearby hill and hidden behind it by crouching down on the west grass covering it's slope. I stayed in that position, with my camera poised so that the picture had the top of the hill as a base, for quite a while. As the players laid on the ground and began lifting their legs up (a painful stretch, if I may add), I began taking the occasional picture - thus, the pic with the stadium lights. Several minutes later, out of nowhere, the stadium lights shut off. The field went black, giving rise to several gasps of surprise. When the confusion died down, the coach dismissed the team and I left.

Note: stadium pic 19, lowest light

No comments: