Friday, March 23, 2007

All Hands Together (Rule of Thirds)

rachel hands

I am SO incredibly proud of this picture. Just as I was kind of losing hope, I got this. Let me tell you, it was uplifting. The first print I made was horribly dark, so I went to the fiilters for help. A 5 filter and 12 sec was all this picture needed in the end. Like one of my 26 things pics, this picture was taken at lunch. It's sort of becoming a ritual now - taking pictures at lunch. All I do is leave a couple pictures on my film for our developing days and finish the roll off at lunch (I have photo last period). It makes me happy. It seems like all the action happens during lunch. A lot of times we don't realize it, but lunch is a very important time of the day during school... My friend actually came up with this picture. I had just taken several photos and needed a couple more, so I began asking my friends for ideas. Standing on my chair, I looked down at the table with my camera, my mind grasping for ideas. Suddenly, from out of the blue, my friend said, "Lets put all of our hands in the middle!" As she reached her hand out, she began pushing everyone else at the table to follow her lead. So, rather grudgingly, they all eventually stuck their hands out, one on top of the other and I took the photo.

I love the diversity in this picture. I usually sit with a lot of the foreign exchange students at lunch. The girl in the corner (you can see half her face) adds something to it too, I think.

hahaha I wrote an essay again. I'm so predictable.

No comments: